AST Suspension, 5100 Series - Renault Clio RS 3 197/200
AST Suspension 5100 Series (1-way)
The 5100 Series coilover kit utilises an inverted / upside down technology. This technology is proven to produce an extremley strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment.
With the 5100 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob (range of 12 positions). Whilst the adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height.
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance; the oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle. The 5100 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber. By changing the rebound you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston.
- 14mm diameter internal shaft.
- 44.5 mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, inverted.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound adjustable.
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers.
- Rubber bushings for ''eye'' shock mounts.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DLC Coated shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive).
- Optional custom valving.
Renault Clio RS 197/200 (Mk 3) - Adjustable top mounts will vary between pre and post June 2010 models, both options available.
- Set of 4 shock adsorbers
- Spring kit (spring rate based on application)
- Product Certificate
Please ensure that this product is fitted by a trained professional. Our experienced team offer a range of fitting services at our workshop in the South West, England.
Example image only. Product may vary.