AST Suspension, 5300 Series - Renault Clio RS 2 172/182
AST Suspension 5300 Series (3-way)
The 5300 Series coilover kit utilises our inverted damper technology. This technology is proven to produce an extremely strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment.
With the 5300 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob (range of 12 positions), with an alternate knob for high speed compression (range of 12 positions) and an additional knob for low speed adjustment (range of 14 positions) on a remote reservoir. A progression from the 5200 Series (2 way) dampers, allow you to be able to independently adjust the rebound, low speed compression and high speed compression. Whilst the adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST Suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height.
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance; the oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle. The 5300 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber from a compressed state.
What is a low speed compression adjustment?
Low speed compression controls the rate your shock absorber depresses at low frequencies. This is often referred to as “low speed bump”. Examples of this are nose dive under breaking, or squat under acceleration.
What is a high speed compression adjustment?
High speed compression controls the rate your shock absorber depresses at higher frequencies. This is often referred to as “high speed bump” This controls the uneven bumps and undulation in the surface, the vibrations and rumble strips.
- Rebound, Low & High Speed Compression Adjustable, with a remote reservoir.
- Remote reservoirs allow additional travel, heat dissipation and increased oil/ nitrogen gas capacity.
- 44.5mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style.
- New low friction seal on all AST dampings.
- Spherical lower ''eye'' shock mounts.
- Reservoir with hose or piggyback (piggyback examples: '08 STI & BMW E36 rears).
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Optional DLC Coated shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive).
- Optional custom valving.
Renault Clio RS 2 172/182 - this suspension is suitbale for both 54mm and 60mm fitment.
- Set of 4 shock adsorbers
- Front top mounts
- Quick disconnects (front)
- Spring kit (spring rate based on application)
- Product Certificate
Please ensure that this product is fitted by a trained professional. Our experienced team offer a range of fitting services at our workshop in the South West, England.
Example image only. Product may vary.